- Take in the Joshua Tree National Park areas by bicycle! This unforgettable experience will stay with you for a long time.
Unpack only one time! We stay at the same hotel for the entire bicycle tour. Each room is a spacious suite featuring a separate living area and fully equipped kitchen.
On your first day arrive to the warm weather and natural scenery that has made the Palm Springs area a world-renowned destination.
On our two days of bicycling in Joshua Tree National Park, seeing the beautiful and plentiful Ocotillo desert plant as we bike downhill, observing mountains, valleys and vast expanses of desert in the distance.We actually see the famous Joshua Tree and jumbo rocks (boulders) before ending our day with a long downhill before arriving at the Joshua Tree Bar & Restaurant.
- In addition, we ride to the bottom of the mountains to the Desert Mountain Visitor Center, which overlooks Palm Desert then many riders will stop by The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens, which is ranked as one of the Top 10 zoos in the U.S. by Conde Nast Traveler, which comments, "Seeing the animals here feels a little like stepping onto the set of The Lion King." You can even feed the giraffes or ride a camel!
Overall on this fabulous tour, you will bicycle and see unforgettable mountain, desert and lake views without ever climbing the mountains and in addition see the beautiful cities of Palm Springs and Palm Desert.
Come join us!
Spaghetti & Meatballs - Fresh marinara sauce with homemade ground beef meatballs.
Lasagna Familiana - Traditional style lasagna, with layers of meat sauce, ricotta cheese, béchamel topped with mozzarella cheese.
Salmone Alla Griglia - Grilled fresh Salmon Fillet drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and herbs. Served with sautéed steamed broccoli florets.
Fetuccine Pollo Limone - Sauteed chicken breast, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest, white wine in a creamy Alfredo sauce.
Eggplant Parmigiana - Baked eggplants layered with fresh marinara sauce, pecorino romano and basil. Finished with melted mozzarella and served with side of rigatoni marinara.
Pollo Parmigiana - Breaded chicken breast, lightly fried and baked with fresh tomato sauce, mozzarella and Parmesean cheese. Served with fettucini in a creamy garlic Alfredo sauce.
Today we van to Joshua Tree National Park and bicycle the westside of Joshua Tree National Park taking in along the ride the popular spots, including Hidden Valley and Jumbo Rocks. Hidden Valley is a great introduction to Joshua Tree National Park and is one place that you cannot miss! It has boulder fields and Joshua trees and sometimes you are likely to spot beautiful wildlife. Jumbo Rocks is among the most memorable places in the park. This area has boulder piles, sandy flats and countless Joshua trees decorating this breathtaking desert bike ride. After we finish the bike ride, many cyclists will grab lunch for local cuisine at the most popular and well know restaurants adjacent to the park, Joshua Tree Bar & Restaurant, eating inside or outside.
Breakfast provide by the hotel each morning
Bicycling Route: 0 miles, staying at the hotel; 23 miles, taking the SAG vehicle to Live Oak in Joshua Tree National Park and bicycling to Joshua Tree Bar & Restaurant outside the park. [The route has rolling hills followed by a long continuous downhill.]
- Salad - Select greens with shredded Mozzarella cheese and herb croutons and choice of dressing
- Grilled Herb Roasted Chicken Breast - Grilled herb marinated 8oz chicken breast
- 1/2 Rack St. Louis BBQ Pork Ribs - Braised and glazed in a smoky BBQ sauce
- Vegetarian Lasagna - Creamy vegetarian lasagna topped with a toasted parmesan cheese bread crumb
- Beef Burgundy - Burgundy wine braised grass feed beef
Baby Spinach Salad - Spinach, Bacon Bits, Dates, Goat Cheese, Candied Pecans and Blood Orange Vinaigrette
Blackened Salmon – Scottish Salmon Fillet & Jalepeno Tarter Sauce
Double Pork Chop – Bourbon Apple Sauce
Blackened Shrimp – Parmesan risotto
Chicken Pappardelle Pasta – Applewood bacon, chicken breast, roasted red peppers, pine nuts and pesto sauce.
10oz New York Strip – Green whiskey peppercorn sauce
Day 7, Friday - February 12, 2021
- Riders who are comfortable riding at least 10 miles per hour should have an enjoyable trip. The routes are primarily on National Park, State Park or designated bicycle roads in Joshua Tree National Park and Anza-Borrego Desert State Park. We will also utilize bicycle recommended roads with bike lanes and bike paths in Palm Springs and Palm Desert. Please see the daily routes descriptions for additional information. Of course, if a rider is tired or does not feel like riding, the SAG vehicle will transport the rider to the ride end. All riders may ride at their own pace, slow or fast or anything in-between.
- Drive to the Homewood Suites by Hilton Palm Desert, 36999 Cook Street, Palm Desert, CA 32211; 760-568-1600, leaving your car at the starting hotel for the duration of the trip.
- Fly directly into the Palms Springs International Airport (PSP), then rent a car or take Uber/Lyft/Taxi 11 miles to the trip start at the Homewood Suites in Palm Desert
- Or alternatively fly into one of the Los Angeles area airports: Bob Hope/Hollywood Burbank Airport (BUR), John Wayne/Orange County Airport (SNA) or Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and rent a car and drive about 130 miles to trip start at the Homewood Suites in Palm Desert.
- $200 to reserve your spot and the remainder due 45 days before the trip start.
- Hotel lodging
- Ride packets, including maps & cue sheets (directions)
- Fully sagged, including ride leaders, luggage transport, SAG vehicle transportation and rider assistance
- Breakfast each morning
- Dinner with the group three nights (see above)
- Great riding, scenery, fun and enjoyment!
- Most participants bring their own bicycles
- To ship your bike, we would suggest using shipbikes.com or bikeflight.com for shipping. To ship your bike to the hotel: Homewood Suites by Hilton Palm Desert, 36999 Cook Street, Palm Desert, CA 32211; 760-568-1600
- If you fly, most major airlines including Delta, American, United and Alaska Air now waive the oversize fee for bicycles (sporting equipment) and just the standard luggage fee applies. Please contact your airline for all the details.
To rent a bicycle, please contact Bike Palms Springs Rental: bikepsrental.com
- Average High 64° in Joshua Tree National Park area
- Average High 74° in the Palm Springs area